What Are Managed Print Services?
You have a business to run, and a busted printer that stops your workflow is something no one should ever have to deal with. If a faulty printer or copier is commonplace in your office, learn why investing in managed print services is an efficient and cost-effective solution.
Understanding Managed Print Services
Managed print services (MPS) describes a program of services offered by an external provider that helps optimize, manage, and improve an organization’s printing and document output. MPS provides several components for print management: needs assessments, replacement, and servicing parts and supplies to operate new or existing hardware.
In simpler terms, MPS is a unified system that helps to keep an organization’s printing environment intact. It actively tracks how your office’s printer, fax, copier, and multifunction printer are used, identifies problems, and provides solutions to increase user satisfaction. Common problems managed print services can anticipate and address are low ink and toner levels, security vulnerabilities, and more.
Why Managed Print Services?
Comprehensive managed print services are becoming increasingly attractive to businesses, with the market projected to grow up to 6.28 billion by 2025. With an MPS program, companies can tap into a management strategy that offers long-term cost savings and keeps their tech running at its best.
Instead of shelling out thousands of dollars for multiple printing devices that may use outdated technology, business owners are waking up to the reality that a streamlined managed print system is ideal for keeping every device on the same page. Using one organization as a managed print service vendor guarantees more cost-effective print fleet packages. Plus, offices can benefit from heavy-duty machinery with a larger print volume and remote monitoring capabilities.
Managed Print Services and Their Benefits
The benefits of managed print services don’t stop at cutting costs and remote monitoring. Businesses gain from these print solutions in many other ways, like:
- Improved Productivity & Efficiency – Your business can see improved efficiency and worker productivity with an up-to-date printing fleet that can handle many tasks. Constant jams won’t stop your operations any more.
- A Reduced Carbon Footprint – Managed print services can help detect when you need paper or ink, and they’ll only send you exactly how much you need. This helps reduce energy usage and prevents extra supplies from going to waste. Plus, many MPS are replacing non-green printers with more energy-efficient models.
- Employee Training – To help relieve the load off your IT department, MPS providers can assist with training your employees on how to use your printing system properly. Plus, MPS specialists can step in as help desk specialists for your workers.
- Streamlined Order Processes – Bypass the logistics of purchase orders with a streamlined order process that keeps your transactions in one place with one vendor.
- Quick Response Times & Troubleshooting – A managed print service guarantees speedy troubleshooting and recovery times when your systems run into trouble.
- Reduced ‘Local’ Printers – Many businesses rely on ‘local’ printers that only service one user and aren’t part of a network. Since these devices are very inefficient for businesses and can only be used with a unique cartridge, a managed print service alleviates this costly problem.
- Improved Security – You’ll have much greater control of your printer fleet and documents with tight-knit printing security software provided by MPS.
With our managed print services, your company never has to stress about a faulty printer again.
How Your Business Can Implement a Managed Print Strategy
If reducing your printing costs with managed print services sounds ideal, but you’re wondering how they can fit into your business model, the process doesn’t have to be as complicated as it may sound.
Outline your strategy by taking inventory of your current printing system and the issues you’ve encountered. If you’ve experienced multiple issues, it’s time to see about choosing an MPS provider. Look for a provider that:
- Offers personalized solutions tailored to your business needs
- Provides excellent customer service and technical support options
- Has a clear track record of successful implementations
- Complies with industry standards for cost savings and security measures
Are Managed Print Services the New Future?
As businesses become increasingly aware of the potential offered by managed print services, we’re beginning to see a shift in how these systems are being used today compared to how they were used in the past.
Factors like advanced predictive analytics allow businesses to anticipate their future printing needs before they happen so they can better plan for usage peaks or dips accordingly. This enables companies to make informed decisions about how much hardware capacity will be needed at any given time, ultimately leading to more efficient operations and even further cost savings.
Let Connected Office Technologies Step in as Your Managed Print Services Provider
At Connected Office Technologies, we understand the importance of reliable technology solutions that meet your business requirements. We offer personalized managed print services solutions designed to maximize process efficiency while reducing cost, waste, and environmental impact. Our team is committed to providing superior customer service backed by our 24/7 technical support network that ensures minimal downtime when you need it most.
We know you have better things to do than spending hours of your day troubleshooting your printing devices. With our optimized ongoing maintenance and cloud functionality services, we’ll let you get back to doing what you do best.
Are you ready to simplify your printing process? We’d love to partner with you. Contact us today.